Personally, I think there is a little too much hype around Valentine’s Day. Who says you have to spend tons of money on an expensive dinner and lavish piece of jewellery to prove that you love someone. But if you ask me what I want, what I really really want this Valentine’s Day, just a simple night a quiet night in with Netflix and a boy who can cook. Thanks to our friends at Blade & Skillet, you can learn to cook amazing dishes in the comfort of your own home that are sure to impress your date. So this Saturday on the menu for dinner is Sweet Cider Lamb with the PERRIER Reflektor and Rose Petal Cosmo cocktail to drink!
Photo Credit: Sebastien Dubois-Didcock
Sweet Cider Lamb
3 Lamb Loin Medallions
1 Handful of Carrots
2 Spoonfuls of Honey
1-2 Cloves of Garlic
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Place lamb medallions in small bowl and cover with cider.
3. Slice potato into thin sticks. Throw into a bowl and cover with melted butter, seasoning with salt and pepper. Lay out evenly onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 18 mins.
4. In a jar, mix honey and a glug of olive oil with a few pinches of rosemary and a splash of cider. Stir until combined, then add salt and pepper. Empty cider from bowl of lamb and add honey garlic cider sauce.
5. Split carrots in half, place in pan (or on second cookie sheet), drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper before setting in oven for 10 minutes.
6. On medium high heat, grill lamb for 4 minutes a side.
7. Take carrots and frites out of the oven. Plate with carrots on bottom, frites and the lamb medallions on top.
- 1 ½ oz rosé wine
- 2 tsp rose syrup (Monin)
- 2.5oz chilled PERRIER
Fill a large wine glass with ice cubes and add the rosé wine and rose syrup. Top with PERRIER and gently stir. Garnish with a colourful piece or fruit or an edible flower.
- 1 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- Splash PERRIER
- Garnish rose petals
Combine all the ingredients, except PERRIER, into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into martini glass, top with PERRIER and garnish with a couple floating rose petals.