After years of going out to the loudest parties, packed bars and braving the long lines on New Years Eve, this year we’ve decided to ring in 2017 at home instead. Life is expensive, so your first evening of the new year shouldn’t be too. Having a house party (or condo party in my case) is a great way to have a fun evening out without breaking the bank on expensive bar rail and jacked up cover prices. To help you plan your NYE party, here are my top 5 party planning tips to help you make 2017 your best year yet.
1. Keep the guest list small. While more is always merrier, there is nothing better then celebrating the changing of the year with your closest friends and family members.
2. Don’t be afraid to dress up. Just because you’re not going out for NYE, doesn’t mean you can’t pull out your favourite festive number or buy something sparkly for the evening.
3. Get your snacks in advance. From DIY charcuterie boards to cookie platters, avoid the lines at the grocery stores by either shopping earlier or avoiding peak times.
4. Don’t forget about the bubbly. Popping a bottle of champagne on NYE is one of my favourite parts of the holiday season. Stock up early on your Moët & Chandon Champagne to crack open when the clock strikes midnight!
5. Plan your NYE countdown. Those 10 second can be some of the most exciting 10 seconds of the entire year, so make them count. This year, I’ve got my Netflix New Year’s Eve Countdown ready to amp up my house party with one of my favourite Netflix original series.