Grab your chardonnay because this wedding task is definitely stressful. Aside from having to battle all the constant ideas lingering in your head you need to find the right vendor who “gets your vision” and will visualize it for you. Finding vendors for your wedding can be difficult, and time consuming because as much as you would like to email some one to put that check mark on your to-do list when it comes to your wedding I recommend meeting face to face.
Unfortunately some vendors websites aren’t a great representation of them and what they can do, however meeting them face to face whether it is at their studio or a public location allows you to interview them and get a sense of their personality and expertise.
Most venues have a preferred list of vendors whom they have worked with regularly, it is a great start to planning your special day but you can stray from this list. However, do note that some venues have additional fees for specific vendors such as your DJ or band’s plug-in fee. So always clarify specific vendors with your venue.
Here are our tips on how to narrow your vendor search down:
- Are they available for an in person consultation?
- Do they have a portfolio of their work?
- Are they willing to work within your budget?
- How long have they been in the business?
- Can they achieve your wedding style and work with you to create your dream day?
- Are you comfortable with them? – This is the important question to ask yourself! You need to be comfortable speaking and dealing with them and CONFIDENT that they will provide what you have agreed upon.
Feature Image Source