I love having smoothies is the mornings. Not being a big breakfast eater, I only tend to get hungry around 10h30am. So when I am waking up early for school, work or need something to eat before a yoga class, I gravitate towards my blender. Smoothies are super easy to make and you can let your imagination run wild when creating new concoctions. (they may or may not turn out drinkable ) Recipes are only guidelines, so you can adjust any of theses to your own taste. So here are my top 4 easy to make smoothies that I am digging right now!
1. Chocolate-Almond Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2 TBS raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 TBS almond butter
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 dates, pitted and diced
- 1/2 TBS maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups almond milk
This one is so yummy! On mornings when you have no time to eat breakfast, it will give you that fuel to last until lunch.
2. Pick-Me-Up Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen red grapes
- 12 cup almond milk
- 12 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tbs honey
I had never heard of using frozen grapes in smoothies before finding this recipe. After I tried it though, I am totally sold!
3. The 4 Ingredient Green Smoothie
- 1 Large banana
- 1 and a half cup of vanilla almond milk
- 3-4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups spinach
Smoothies don’t have to be overly complicated to be super yummy. This 4 ingredient smoothie totally proves it.
4. Banana Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of pineapple
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)