Finding the perfect gift can be a daunting task. We sat down with celebrity gifting expert Cynde Cassel to share her insider tips for how to survive the holiday season by giving gifts like a movie star without spending like one. Cynde Cassel is a world class gift giver and the founder of Star Treatment, one of Hollywood’s most successful professional gift services. For over a decade she has hand-selected gifts for an exclusive clientele, including top celebrities.
1. Stay Within Your Budget: As our holiday list expands it is important to find gifts that are of quality but are at a reasonable price point too. Try stores like WINNERS, HomeSense and Marshalls to find gifts that will impress, but at a reasonable price point too.
2. Patrol Their Social Media: For once, stealthy scrolling through someone’s pictures can help you! According to Cynde “social media is a great tool when searching gift ideas to get a more in-depth look and who they are, what hobbies they have and how they spend their time.”
3. Stay Organized With Apps: Take advantage of the amazing features on your smartphone or tablet and download organizational apps like Onenote or Evernote to keep your holiday lists organized and to make note of interesting items you see over the year.
4. Keep a Stockpile: You never know what last minute party and events you will be invited to over the holiday season. Cynde recommends keeping a stockpile of small gifts for a hostess or exchange and says that her “go-to’s are items like tea towels, salad servers, olive oil and vinegar sets; gifts that everyone can use.”
5. Customize It: Show your loved ones that you are always thinking about them by giving them some personalized to them. Monograms and iconography and a tailored and tasteful way to customize their gift by having something engraved or embroidered. The extra step will go a long way!
6.Go With Your Gut: “If you see the perfect gift for someone on your list, don’t hesitate to buy it. WINNER’S, HomeSense and Marshalls have new product arriving daily through the holiday season, making it especially important to seize the moment while the perfect gift is in sight,” says Cynde. Take advantage this year on TJX Canada’s new holiday extended policy which allows two months for any return on holiday gifts.
My Winter Wish List
Need some more ideas on what to buy this holiday season?Here is my wish list of what I would love to see wrapped up under the Christmas tree.
For the “Beauty Junkie”…
I am beyond addicted to nail polish; always changing the color to match my outfit, the season or even how I am feeling that day. Discovering TRIND’s hand and nail care line was heaven sent as their line of products help to make the nail stronger by nourishing the cuticle and hands and without disturbing the structure of the nail. With polishes available in a wide range of colors as well as products that help strengthen your nails like the TRIND Keratin Treatment, TRIND is the perfect stocking stuffer to keep your fingertips in top condition!
Looking to switch up your make-up routine in the New Year? This year, stila is celebrating the holiday with the glam beauty essential gift set which includes Jewel Eye Shadow in Opal, Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Fiery and a Major Major Lash Mascara as well as a charming Yellow Gold Tone Pave Cone Bangle by BaubleBar all perfectly packaged in a festive Navy Gusset Clut. Curating six different holiday gift sets, Stilla has customized the perfect package to prep and pamper this holiday season. The stila holiday collections will be available for a limited time while quantities last at select Shoppers Drug Mart and Murale stores across Canada.
All I want for Christmas is Anna Sui. Luckily, this year her holiday collection, “Tempting Sweets,” is all wrapped up with a pretty pink bow with this seasons ‘must-haves’ available in two shades, complete with products for the eyes, cheeks and lips and also includes a Hand Mirror and 4 limited edition Nail Color N polishes. With two rich palettes of creamy eye colors and warm tones for the cheeks and lips, Anna Sui has all of your winter beauty essentials in one pretty little package.
For our Quebec demographic, if you’re looking for other great beauty essential products, check out Jean Coutu’s amazing selection of holiday gifts
For the “Glitzy Gal”…
Good things always do come in small packages, and this year, what better way to stand out under the Christmas tree than to give that special lady this holiday season something from Magnolia Silver Jewelry. Their unique line of fashionable and high quality hand crafted pieces contain only the best with 925 Sterling Silver pieces embellished with precious and semi-precious stones. Give someone you love a one-of-a-kind piece that will add some shine to their holiday season.
It is never a bad thing to add a bit of sparkle to your holiday look. With a large selection of gorgeous pieces at affordable prices, olive +piper is an incredible online destination for all of your statement jewelry needs. There is something for everyone as their contemporary and trendy collection ranges from the simple to bold and from classic to the outrageous. Treat yourself this year and ask for something to add some sparkle into your life this Christmas.
For the “Tech Savvy Girl on the Go”…
Give her the gift of capturing all of her memories this year with one portable device. The Sony’s Action Cam Mini POV is always ready for adventure whenever you are! With its sleek, aerodynamic design, this lightweight camera is the perfect travel accessory that ensures that your images are smooth and clear with Sony’s SteadyShot™ technology. The New Year is the perfect time to plan your next big trip, so why not share your adventures with the world!
For the “Book Worm”…
Every year as part of my Christmas stocking my Mum buys me a new book. I love having something interesting to read over the holidays. This year some of the best literary escaped have been Graeme Simsion’s The Rosie Project, Gillian Flynn’s Gone Girl¸ Jo Jo Moyes’ Me Before You and Justin Go’s The Steady Running of the Hour. For more suggestions, check out Nadia’s Book Club where she reviews some great reads including my personal favourite Maria Semple’s Where’d You Go Bernadette?.
Still searching for the perfect gift? Jule’s Baskets has got something for everyone on your Christmas shopping list. If you are looking to give this year the gift of health, happiness and wellness into people’s lives, who better to curate your present than a someone who understand the importance of a well rounded gift. Offering unique and customizable options, Jule’s Baskets has options to fit everyone you’re shopping for. From fitness-fanatics, chocoholics to holistic beauty addicts, there is a gift catered to you! High quality luxury confectionery and gifting items have been carefully selected to make the impact you want during the holiday season and light up your loved one.