Last week, the second Toronto Men’s Fashion Week brought out some of the best Canadian and international talents in menswear fashion to the runway. It featured some of the best Canadian and international designers, TOM* celebrated the most talented contemporary designers today in menswear fashion. This jam-packed week was filled with runway presentations from renowned designers and a-list after parties filled with stylish men. From Monday, February 23 to Tuesday, March 3, 2015, TOM* showcased some of the most innovative menswear design from established to emerging Canadian and international designers who showcased their Fall/Winter collections. Here are my top 5 new designers that you should watch out for in 2015!
1. Andrew Coimbra – mixing street wear and sport luxe, his new collection exposes the simplicity in clean cuts and designs in a contemporary grey scaled colour scheme.
2. Kollar Clothing – elevating the way the modern man is thinking about basics, their new collection revitalizes the staples in a neutral and functional collection of versatile street wear.
3. Rank by Rani Kim – experimenting with non-traditional shapes and separates for men, this new collections is filled with circular, over-sized silhouettes and hand-done acid washed denim of leather and vinyl that infuses high quality collections to give it a couture vibe.
4. Worth by David C. Wigley – revisiting his roots by creating a collections that features kilts and made from traditional tartans and plaids, this new line incorporated a theatrical grandeur that reflects his romantic and dark vision for a fantastical collection.
5. Patick Solonga – influence by the dystopian designs in an array of army inspired hues, innovative tunics and leggings added to this relaxed approach to the runway by creating a camo-inspired collection in soft olive and putty coloured fabrics.
The Toronto Men’s Fashion Week Market Place
Over the course of the week, I had the pleasure of visiting the exceptional local talent who taking the Canadian menswear accessory market by storm with there on trend design talents housed in these industrial designed Pekota fixtures. This year, the Toronto Fashion Week Market featured Just Sultan, Eyewear by Olga and Lord of the Ties.
For more information, check out www.tomfw.com.