Dating in the city can be tough. Us single folk are left with very few options when it comes to meeting someone new. The idea of finding love in the time of Tinder seems hopeless since those types of apps are kind of impersonal and ultra superficial that arn’t what most people are looking for. But thanks to Metro, they’re inviting singles to put down their smart phones and pick up a shopping basket on the evening of May 28th. Think a fun party with young professionals meets Michael Buble’s music video…how can you say no?
Metro Ontario will host local singles as they mix, mingle and shop at the Liberty Village Metro location (100 Lynn Williams Street, Toronto for their event entitled Singles Night at Metro. Hosted by the romance and relationship columnist Jen Kirsch, this young and vibrant community of Toronto will join together for a fun evening of food, mingling and music from DJ Likileaks (Travis Richel). “The way that people meet and get to know one another has completely shifted since the introduction of dating apps over the past few years,” says Jen Kirsch, author and dating expert. “What hasn’t changed is the importance of geography and physical proximity when it comes to meeting people. We are where we live, and in many ways the grocery store is the heart of a community. Why not come try something new and see who else is single in the area. Grab a cart, tie on a ribbon and let’s go shopping!”
In honour of this fun event, I’ve decided to share with you the Top 5 Aphrodisiac foods that you should be shopping for this Thursday evening!
- Oysters – they are high in zinc and have a reputation for being great for love and fertility.
- Chilli Peppers- they stimulate endorphins, speed up heart rate and make you sweat, which all mimic how you feel when you’re aroused 😉
- Chocolate – in addition to it being sweet and delicious, chocolate is known to spike dopamine which increases feelings of pleasure
- Avocados – the vitamin E in these delicious fruits help you produce hormones that circulate in your blood stream.
- Red Wine- not only does it help you relax, the resveratrol in red wine also helps increase blood flow and circulation.
We hope to see you all there!