Whether you are gearing to watch the Super Bowl this Sunday or only prepping for the half-time show, it’s better to be prepared and have a wide range of snacks for you and your friends to enjoy. And to help make it easier for you, I’d rounded up some easy snack ideas that your guests are bound to love.
Satiate their hungry appetite with some Orville Popcorn Chips that you can serve with your Pomegranate Turkey Chili or enjoy on its own. Made with natural colours and flavours, apx. 15 chips are only 90 calories making your Super Bowl snacking a guilt free one. Pick from Sweet and Salt, Buttery, Aged Cheddar or BBQ for your guests to enjoy.
Did you know that over 70% of Canadian purchase sweet potato fries? These trendy fries are not only delicious but are made from USA grown sweet potatoes that can be incorporate in a number of dishes and are often fresher because the USA offers a year round longer growing season. Here is a tasty recipe for you to try at home!
TexMex Sweet Potato Fries
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2 (450 g) bags of sweet potato fries (plain or crinkle cut)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated cheese
- 1/2 lbs cooked, ground beef
- 2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- 1-2 tsp. (5-10 mL) hot sauce or chipotle sauce (optional)
- Cook fries according to package directions.
- Remove fries from oven and cover with cheese and ground beef. Return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle on green onion, tomato and top with sour cream, guacamole and hot sauce or chipotle sauce. Serve immediately.
Thinking of serving the fries just on their own? Neal Brothers can help elevate your party with their sauces made locally with high quality, all-natural local ingredients. These dips are gluten and GMO free helping you keep your healthy snack resolution all year long.
What are you serving this Super Bowl?