With the holidays comes the perfect time to brush up on your baking skills and try a few new recipes to share with your friends and family. So this year, why not try these great vegan recipes from Oats & Ivy that are bound to be crowd pleasers this holiday season. For more baking ideas like this, visit their flagship store in Liberty Village or online at www.oatsandivy.ca
Oh-So Creamy Hot Chocolate
1 cup cashew milk
1 tbsp raw cocoa powder
1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
1 tbsp of coconut sugar
1 tbsp coconut cream
Pinch of cayenne
Pinch of cinnamon
1. Heat cashew milk in a saucepan on medium heat.
2. Once milk is warm, add all other ingredients Stir to combine.
3. Heat until desired temperature has been reach.
4. Pour and serve.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
1 cup almond butter
3 tbsp blackstrap molasses.
2 chia eggs
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup almond flour
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp sea salt
Pinch of cloves
Pinch of black pepper
1. Mix 2 tsbsp of chic seeds with 6 tbsp of chia seeds with 6 tbsp of water. Let sit and stir occasionally until texture is gooey and gel like.
2 .Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a bowl, mix together almond butter, molasses, chia eggs and grated ginger, until smooth.
4. In a spate bow, mix together all dry ingredients.
5. Using a cookie scoop, or spoon, drop the dough 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
6. Bake cookies for about 8 minutes. The cookies will puff up during baking but will flatten and crackle as they cool.
7. Cool on baking sheets, as this will allow the cookies to firm up.