On June 12 and 13th, concertgoers will hop on the ferry to Toronto Island to experience Bestival; a concert that takes you beyond the music to explore the wonder that is Bestival. Originally launched in England, Bestival is travelling overseas to give us a little bit of the mayhem and madness that makes to make it one of the most memorable festivals coming to the city this summer. This weekend’s headliners will include Florence + the Machine, Nas, Flume, Caribou, SBTRKT (DJ), Banks and more! Who are you most excited to see?
In addition to the music, there will also be a The Dress Up Tent (hosted by Vintage 69), the Amazing Costume Pop Up Shop, the legendary Bestival Inflatable Church and much, much more! But what I’m most excited for is the refreshing Perrier Greenhouse to escape the sun between sets and to enjoy a nice cool cocktail and will also house top DJs!
With the Bestival fast approaching, I’ve decided to share with you my secret on how to survive the festival weekend in style!
1. A good backpack – you never know how much you’ll need to bring without, so why not keep your hands free as you dance the day away with a good backpack!
I’ll be wearing the Pocket Faux Leather Backpack from Forever 21.
2. A hat– the easiest way to protect yourself from the sun is bring a good hat. But thankfully, this accessory is now on trend. From fedoras, to baseball caps to something made of felt, leather or straw…the opportunities are endless!
I’ll be wearing the Community Turia Hat from Aritizia.
3. Sunglasses – To continue with the sun protection, you can’t leave for a day outdoors without your favourite pair!
I’ll be wearing the TOMS Maverick 301 Yellow Gold.
4. Beauty Essentials – Who says you can’t look pretty while taking care of your skin too! That’s why I’ll be reapplying all day long a good sunscreen (for my face AND body!) and a tinted lip balm.
I’m will be using the Ombrelle Ultra-Light Advanced products and the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen with SPF 15.
5. A Jacket– you never can tell what kind of weather will come your way during a music festival. So packing a lightweight rain jacket is an easy to stay fashionable and dry all day (and night!) long.
I’ll be wearing the Retrocag II B Jacket from Bench.
6. Good Shoes– being on your feel all day exploring the festival grounds, it’s important to look good but stay comfortable too. Thank goodness flat sandals are in fashion. For your own style inspiration, I’ve decided to share three very different ones here with you that are perfect for a summer festival.